Ignorant poco

Status
Not open for further replies.

Twoskinsoneman

Occupation
Facility Senior Electrician
Not everyone can be as smart or have an IQ equal to that of a licensed Electrician,

Not without an 8th grade education thats for sure! :D

My POCO (WV) has always been great believe it or not. The last time we had a storm blow up and lost power I called and told them where the OCPD on the line (upstream of my house) was popped and where the tree had fallen and broken a line (down strea of my house). We had power back in less than 2 hours and I was pretty happy.

Also when you need power cut for a service change or whatever, you can go on line and put the request in. They call you back to confirm time. It's prettty nice.

480sparky

Look on the bright side........ you got the best d
emoticon-0183-swear.gif
d electrician in town to fix it........ right away!
flair.gif

drbond24

Not everyone can be as smart or have an IQ equal to that of a licensed Electrician,

That's right! The short bus only has so many seats... :D;)

Twoskinsoneman said:
My POCO (WV) has always been great believe it or not. The last time we had a storm blow up and lost power I called and told them where the OCPD on the line (upstream of my house) was popped and where the tree had fallen and broken a line (down strea of my house). We had power back in less than 2 hours and I was pretty happy.

Also when you need power cut for a service change or whatever, you can go on line and put the request in. They call you back to confirm time. It's prettty nice.

I'll take that as an indirect compliment just because I work for them, although I guarantee I had absolutely nothing to do with the incident you mentioned in any way (on the other hand, if Amos plant ever dies for no apparent reason and I go MIA, you might have a right to be suspicious :D). :roll: Thank you for the love! :cool:

neutral

Quote:
Originally Posted by neutral

That's right! The short bus only has so many seats...

Would the short bus have more or less seats than the ground bus?

neutral

Not sure if you knew how that worked is all..........

Now I'm sorry again, I misunderstood. I thought I was being scolded. For what its worth sparky you are one of my favorite posters here I agree almost 100 % with all you post. I have learned a great deal by reading them.

iMuse97

My poco has an automated reporting system. However, when my house loses power, it almost always affects the power for the transmitter sites of most of the TV stations in town. That gives me the perfect excuse to call our poco rep on his cell phone. Ahh...privilege! :D

A couple of years ago, an ice storm and high winds caused a 69 line to start galloping until the phases started slapping together every 30 seconds or so. The constant off-on-off-on continued for 20 minutes, which completely confused our ATS at the transmitter site. (My house wasn't happy, either...I threw the main off rather than risk losing a fridge or furnace.) When I was able to reach our rep, he had the control center kill the 69 line within minutes, and our ATS finally transferred to the genny. I can't imagine trying to explain that situation to someone that didn't understand power distribution.

If I read that right, it sounds like you're powering the TV transmitters. I can see why they let you call the POCO guy on his cell phone. They TV guys pay him every time you call to let them know to get the transmitters back on line, cause the only time they pay for power is when the generators kick on.

Status
Not open for further replies.