ASCO 300 Inphase Monitor

Status
Not open for further replies.

tkb

I have a shutdown coming up and the engineer wants me to test an ASCO 300 ATS's inphase monitor with a Dranrez meter.

I contacted ASCO to see how they would recommend testing of the inphase monitor and they told me, that you just have to enable it and then have both sources of power available.
When you are in the alternate source and the ATS wants to transfer back to utility, it will tell the switch to transfer when the two sources are in phase and if the utility breaker doesn't trip it is working correctly.

I don't think this is what my engineers are looking for.
I know they want to see the phases on a report.
Is there a way to do this with a Dranetz PX5?

I already have a recording of the transfer from generator to utility with the inphase monitor enabled. I just don't know what kind of report to run to see if the phases are in phase.

Anyone know how to do this?
I am going to ask the engineer tomorrow, but he may not know how to do it, but knows what he wants.

charlietuna

ASCO has field reps everywhere and it sounds like your gonna be needing them to conduct this test--sounds like time vs "drop out" and "pick up" plus setpoints....

brian john

Install A volt meter on A phase utility and A phase generator (or across any two phases)

When the two sources are in-phase the meter reading will be at or near "0" volts. A analog meter works best, Simpson or a Fluke with the analog bar.

Michael Martino

ASCO 300 Series In Phase Monitor

ASCO 300 Series In Phase Monitor

Tim

Please contact ASCO Services to best know how to check the Inphase monitor. 1800-800-ASCO.

Thank you

Michael Martino
Northeast District Manager
ASCO Power Technologies

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.