Weatherhead on a Frame?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bcm

Occupation
Engineer
Hi guys,

This looks kind of screwy to me, esp since the posts are higher than the weatherhead. Also looks like a non-RGS conduit.

I'm not finding anything in the NEC that really makes it clear for me.

Thanks!

jeremysterling

I'm no expert, but it looks OK to me. If the utility goes for it, its all good.

What is non-RGS? Do you mean non-GRC?

On the issue of the structure exceeding the height of the weatherhead, think about it. Structures are generally taller than the service weatherhead. Or else we'll have to cut down chimneys.

The riser does look plastic but it could be schedule 80.

Last edited:

tom baker

First Chief Moderator
Staff member
Art 230, in section 230.2, discusses buildings or other structures. Art 100 gives a definition of a structure. For your application it would be clearances above grade and the point of attachments. Some of the rules in 230 discuss buildings, some discuss buildings/structures.

M. D.

non-RGS = not rigid galvanzed steel

In this case I don't think the riser has to be Rigid or IMC,.. hard to tell if the drop is attached to the structure or the riser ,.. I assumed the structure.

JWCELECTRIC

IMO the riser with the support system looks ok, I think if anything the local poco may say differently. The only issue I see is clearence (110.26) in front of the meter looks less than 3 feet to the fence.

hershey

Never really seen an installation like it, but can't say I really see a problem,,but I do agree with jwcelectric, working clearence seems to be a problem

Status
Not open for further replies.