Test taker

Status
Not open for further replies.

goldracer

I had this question on a test. How many light switches shall be installed in a basement with 2 entrances. choices where 0,1,2,3 I answered 2 but was concerned between my answer and 1. 210.70 (3) states At least one point of control shall be at the usual point of entry to these spaces. My question did not state which or both was the usual point of entry. I thought this a little misleading. Can anyone confirm, one or two if the question does not specifically state that one or both entrances are the usual point of entry?

surf more

hmmm-in the field i would install 2 swithes to make inspector and homeowner happy..book answer you have provide i would say 1 switch according to 210,unless me mising something

resistance

I had this question on a test. How many light switches shall be installed in a basement with 2 entrances. choices where 0,1,2,3 I answered 2 but was concerned between my answer and 1. 210.70 (3) states At least one point of control shall be at the usual point of entry to these spaces. My question did not state which or both was the usual point of entry. I thought this a little misleading. Can anyone confirm, one or two if the question does not specifically state that one or both entrances are the usual point of entry?
As a general rule I would say 1.

SiddMartin

seems mis-leading, i believe if you have (x) num of steps, then you need two switches. NEC does not say they have to be 3ways.

R Bob

3=1/interior lighting+1/ea exterior light @ea entrance?:-?
I would normally have said 4, but apparently that's wrong because that wasn't one of the answer options.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.