12 volt pool lighting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fordean

Occupation
Electrical Contractor
I have a Hayward 12 volt aqualight. Going in a niche in a pool that been there 30 years. I viewed inside the niche and it is stainless steel, Light has a Stainless steel backing and Straps.

The Niche has no lug or visible existing bond location for a # 8.

What is the requirements for 12 volt light bonding.

I got a Special Spa/pool Separated type Transformer. And all their is, Is a black white and green SJOW special cord from light that is factory made. Is their niche with grounding on the backside of niche. Their is no lug on inside. And all is metal.

Any Input. Welcome. PS. I even cant be positive the wire I found by motor is the Correct bonding wire from 30 years ago. It looks to new.

brantmacga

Señor Member
Occupation
Former Child
most every wet niche we work with, even PVC, have a bonding lug on the back that bonds the threads for the cover screw to shell.

Fordean

Occupation
Electrical Contractor
Ohm

Ohm

I have continuity from light to Diving board pedastal. I figure it is on inside bonded to steel rebar correct? Screw needs to fit into hole.

Problem is old niche which is in perfect shape after so long. Light is a little smaller. Going swimming tomorrow since owner finally dropped water table.

So dont need one inside correct? ( Bond wire I mean if it is behind.

Jim W in Tampa

I have continuity from light to Diving board pedastal. I figure it is on inside bonded to steel rebar correct? Screw needs to fit into hole.

Problem is old niche which is in perfect shape after so long. Light is a little smaller. Going swimming tomorrow since owner finally dropped water table.

So dont need one inside correct? ( Bond wire I mean if it is behind.
You should be

Fordean

Occupation
Electrical Contractor
Pvc

Pvc

Pvc it run to metal niche. Dont know what was there 30 years ago. Think they disturbed something.

Status
Not open for further replies.