bundled conductor and temp calculations

Status
Not open for further replies.

rickh

When calculating the derating factor for more than 3 conductors and temperature variance. Which do you calculate first for the end result?

Rick,
seen this sitting for awhile,I'll jump...I know no hard & fast rule..The way I was taught is ampacity 310.16,then ajustment factor of 310.15(B)(2)(a) then temp. correction factors @ bottom of table 310.16

Always worked for me..

Smart $

Esteemed Member
Rick,
seen this sitting for awhile,I'll jump...I know no hard & fast rule..The way I was taught is ampacity 310.16,then ajustment factor of 310.15(B)(2)(a) then temp. correction factors @ bottom of table 310.16

Always worked for me..
I'm in agreement with the others. No particular order, as both are factor based.

However, if I were told one must precede the other, I would say ambient temperature adjustment comes first because it is part of the Table.

ericsherman37

Associative Property of Multiplication

The property which states that for all real numbers a, b, and c, their product is always the same, regardless of their grouping:
(a . b) . c = a . (b . c)

Associative Property of Addition

The property which states that for all real numbers a, b, and c, their sum is always the same, regardless of their grouping:
(a + b) + c = a + (b + c)

Status
Not open for further replies.