UL 2200 Generators

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRILEY

The company I work for manufactures industrial and marine generators but they are not UL2200 certified. Is there a company in the Pacific Northwest that can make the necessary modifications to make a generator UL2200 compliant and certify the generator for UL2200 listing?

lrtcubb

Look on UL's online certification directory at www.ul.com/database and enter FTSR at the Category Code search field. That will give you all the UL Listed 2200 generator manufacturers and you can cull it down from there.

Good Luck!

tom baker

First Chief Moderator
Staff member
In washington state we have an engineering evaluation that allows an engineer to certify a product as meeting listing requirements. One project I looked at was $1600 for an engineering evaluation and $2800 for ETL for listing to UL508A.
Washington has required all stationary generators to be UL listed for some time.

TRILEY

Can I call you and discuss this further with you. Please PM me Thanks
Tom Riley

Moderators note: personal contact info removed, please use the PM feature to exchange this information.

Last edited by a moderator:

lrtcubb

508A is the Standard for Industrial Control Panels. They shouldn't be using that to evaluate the genset, they should be using UL2200. Just certifying the control panel does not cover the attached equipment.

A correction, I believe

A correction, I believe

Hello,

Washington State does require a UL 2200 Listing for Gensets but that Listing can be bestowed by any NRTL (NOT just UL) that is Accredited by OSHA to perform that evaluation..
FYI

Status
Not open for further replies.