Mr. Electric phone call

Status
Not open for further replies.

c2500

I just arrived home from vacation, and had a message on the answering machine from some lady telling me she owns "Mr. Electric" and wants to talk with me. Is this a franchise sales call by chance? Just curious if anyone else is getting these calls. Obviously, it is a bit late to call back.

c2500

Dennis Alwon

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Contractor
I just arrived home from vacation, and had a message on the answering machine from some lady telling me she owns "Mr. Electric" and wants to talk with me. Is this a franchise sales call by chance? Just curious if anyone else is getting these calls. Obviously, it is a bit late to call back.

c2500

They want you to do their work and pay them royalties. No thank you-- I am very happy doing what I do without a corporation telling me what to do.

nakulak

its not too late to call back. make them meet you for lunch at a nice restaurant and make sure they pick up the tab.

Rewire

Its a sales call they want you to be a franchisee.The up side is franchises fail at a much lower rate trhan a individual start-up. You are buying a turnkey business that has a proven track record for success.

The down side is you have a large upfront cost as well as royalties to pay.

We are creating what these franchises do ,it will take us more time and more trial and error but it will belong to me.

emahler

Call her back, they'll do better than lunch. They may fly you vegas for their reunion.

If you do resi service, or want to get into it, its worth a phone call.

c2500

Thanks gentlemen...

I'll skip the return call.

And to think...my license is a residential one.

They are obviously trolling the state website.

c2500

khixxx

Depending on how busy you are, you might want to take them up on some offers, such as visiting an existing Mr. E and riding with a Tech for a day or just chatting with the owner, or owners of multiple other Mr. Es

Ohmy

Depending on how busy you are, you might want to take them up on some offers, such as visiting an existing Mr. E and riding with a Tech for a day or just chatting with the owner, or owners of multiple other Mr. Es

Ride along. That is awesome...its like a free training session by the competition. Considering how well these franchises do, you could learn alot in a day. Of course, you'll want to make sure they know you may use any proprietary information they give you for your own business. Don't want to hear them complain about corporate espionage later.

ohm

Ride along. That is awesome...its like a free training session by the competition. Considering how well these franchises do, you could learn alot in a day. Of course, you'll want to make sure they know you may use any proprietary information they give you for your own business. Don't want to hear them complain about corporate espionage later.

Love it:grin:

Status
Not open for further replies.