something cool i noticed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

electricalperson

What's the pro/cons of a K-60/T+ Pro?

the t+pro as a lot of bells and whistles and the K-60 and your run of the mill solenoid tester. better than the wiggy and cat 3 rated. the t+pro acts like a solenoid tester , it lights up and shakes in your hand. even has a flashlight, gfci tester (knopp automatically tests gfcis by going hot to g on a gfci circuit) and tests ohms and continuity. (k-60 does not measure continuity just voltage) the K-60 is the best real solenoid tester on the market. either one will make you happy

wptski

the t+pro as a lot of bells and whistles and the K-60 and your run of the mill solenoid tester. better than the wiggy and cat 3 rated. the t+pro acts like a solenoid tester , it lights up and shakes in your hand. even has a flashlight, gfci tester (knopp automatically tests gfcis by going hot to g on a gfci circuit) and tests ohms and continuity. (k-60 does not measure continuity just voltage) the K-60 is the best real solenoid tester on the market. either one will make you happy
I have a T+ Pro like you but wonder why you'd want a K-60. I did look it up and with the lack of continuity, I'll stick with the T+ Pro. I think that I've considered the K-60 before and discounted it for the lack of continuity for one.

76nemo

I am wondering the same thing as wptski Chris. Why did you buy a K60 after you had the T+Pro? You had the 117 before either one of them, what gives? You just a tool nerd like the rest of us man;)?

quogueelectric

not me. usually if i break out a new meter or something they will say either "you wasted money on that" or "you dont need that"

they said i wasted money when i bought a megger. :grin:
I dont feel that I need to explain myself to anyone but I am glad you brought up megger because I was running out of tools to buy on ebay and I dont have a megger yet . Sorry Marc I will get one soon.

LarryFine

Master Electrician Electric Contractor Richmond VA
Occupation
Electrical Contractor
the t+pro ... tests ohms and continuity.
Is it possible to mis-interpret the indications? That's always been my hesitation with multi-function testers. The K-60 will only react to real electricity. A tester that lights up both with and without power can be confusing ... can't it?

wptski

Is it possible to mis-interpret the indications? That's always been my hesitation with multi-function testers. The K-60 will only react to real electricity. A tester that lights up both with and without power can be confusing ... can't it?
Yes, it lights up all the time but how can it be confusing as it vibrates "only" when reading voltage?

electricalperson

the tester lights up when i find a dead circuit that has a tracer on it.

electricalperson

im a tool junkie. i buy tools just to try them. i like the t+pro i just miss using a real solenoid tester. if i wanted to be real old school ill get a rubber pigtail and solder alligator clamps and use that as a voltage tester. :grin:

Status
Not open for further replies.