Storage outlets?? HMMM

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK guys I am having a house built and they have an optional 1/2 bathroom for like $3,000 so I said no! My question is they are now calling my future 1/2 bath a storage so they say no outlets are required I am sure even storage needs ONE outlet!?? RIGHT?

benaround

IMO, it is not a storage area, it is still a future half bath.

about the outlet in a storage area, how did you say it- none yo

electricmanscott

OK guys I am having a house built and they have an optional 1/2 bathroom for like $3,000 so I said no! My question is they are now calling my future 1/2 bath a storage so they say no outlets are required I am sure even storage needs ONE outlet!?? RIGHT?

Not required but if you are willing to pay for it I'm sure yu can have one, or as many as your checkbook desires.

Buck Parrish

No outlet(s) required in a storage room.

acrwc10

Master Code Professional
Occupation
Building inspector

$3,000 bucks sounds like a great price to have it prept. for a future 1/2 bath, if you think you will ever put a bath in there pay the money now you won't regret it. On the other hand if you think you can get a free outlet out of the builder and then call it a bath circuit in the future you are out of luck, the bath will require a deticated circuit and a simple receptacle outlet (that is not required in a storage room) would most likely get tied to the general lighting circuit and not fill the requirement of a bath circuit as called for in 210.11 (C)(3)

Thanks that what I wanted to know if it is reqired!
$3000 (stinks) considering I would be paying interst on it for 30 years and they can plumb a whole house for $3,000! In Idaho they dont us concret slabs thier is a 3 foot space below the main floor and the concret foundation, and I dont know why?
Thanks guys FYI I did do the (bathroom) fan for $180 ; )

Last edited by a moderator:

M. D.

How to use "wicked" for all the non-New Englanders ,...

"That wicked cool car is wicked fast is owned by that wicked old guy, who drives it wicked slow when it's wicked hot out, which makes me wicked sad cause I'm wicked broke and I got to walk a wicked long way."

Minuteman

Wicked.

The whole thing sounded like a DIY to me. I also thought that the $3K might be for the whole enchilada. Plumbing, electric, tile, paint, fixtures. If so, that's not a bad price.

mikeames

Occupation
Teacher - Master Electrician - 2017 NEC
Wicked.

The whole thing sounded like a DIY to me. I also thought that the $3K might be for the whole enchilada. Plumbing, electric, tile, paint, fixtures. If so, that's not a bad price.

Its does and it is but hat eit on other forus when professionals act as if their trade is a guarded secret, in addition to that our forum rules address this type of post.

To all forum members, I am formally requesting that you no longer publicly question new members qualifications for posting here.

Keep in mind that all new member posts have already been approved by a forum moderator before they show up on the forum.

If you feel a new member is over their head please exercise one of two options.

1) Notify one of the Moderators, I suggest you send a PM to one of us with a description of the problem you see with a post. We will gladly discuss it with you.

2) Do nothing, ignore the post and move on.

The reasons for this should be self evident, we are going to chase away new members if they feel they have to justify their qualifications with the entire membership at large.

Not to mention many times it is just plain rude.

Bob
2007 Chief Moderator Mike Holt Forum

Status
Not open for further replies.