Looking for comments on my latest loadcenter install

Status
Not open for further replies.

hurk27

Not required , but I tend to try to at least space AFCI breakers one space, they do build up heat from the electronics and this can cause them to prematurely trip. of course Indiana don't require them anymore, and maybe they are getting better?

cycotcskir

I don't think you are disagreeing with me! :grin: Look again. If the panel were to be surface mounted, and I don't think this one is, then I would not allow the shelf to be installed above it.

The "dedicated space" is the space above the panel itself. It does not include the space above the "working space." If the panel is fully recessed into a wall, as it appears to be here (though I can't tell for sure from the photo), then the "dedicated space" is inside the wall. So as long as the shelf does not have any support components that penetrate into the wall (other than, perhaps a nail or screw or two), then it does not infringe upon the "dedicated space."

This is why I love this forum, it's a form of checks and balances. It also keeps my brain actively thinking about things in different ways. It also points out things that I overlook, like the other line in the dedicated space paragraph, "equal to the width and depth". I think that I mentally made this equivalent to the 3' clearance.

Thank you Charlie for being observant

drive1968

I appreciate all the responses. It's good to have so many experienced eyes check out my work. A good example is the reminder about 210.4(D). Even though I'm on 2005 NEC, I didn't know about that 2008 rule change and its good to know.

acrwc10

Master Code Professional
Occupation
Building inspector
Drive1968, your work looks fine. One could always spend more time to make wires straighter or neater but at some point you have to say Done, payment due.

vicrod

Good Job

Good Job

Everything looks good. Just a reminder on 210.4(D) A new subsection requires all conductors associated with a particular multiwire branch circuit to be physically grouped at the point of origin. Other than that, it all depends on the inspector if they want to get picky and demand strick code applications. ;)

mivey

Torfmict? :-?
Actually Tsorfisjmctch

Ben Franklin's 13 virtues:
Temperance: Eat not to dullness; drink not to elevation.
Silence: Speak not but what may benefit others or yourself; avoid trifling conversation.
Order: Let all your things have their places; let each part of your business have its time.
Resolution: Resolve to perform what you ought; perform without fail what you resolve.
Frugality: Make no expense but to do good to others or yourself; i.e., waste nothing.
Industry: Lose no time; be always employ'd in something useful; cut off all unnecessary actions.
Sincerity: Use no hurtful deceit; think innocently and justly, and, if you speak, speak accordingly.
Justice: Wrong none by doing injuries, or omitting the benefits that are your duty.
Moderation: Avoid extreams; forbear resenting injuries so much as you think they deserve.
Cleanliness: Tolerate no uncleanliness in body, cloaths, or habitation.
Tranquillity: Be not disturbed at trifles, or at accidents common or unavoidable.
Chastity: Rarely use venery but for health or offspring, never to dulness, weakness, or the injury of your own or another's peace or reputation.
Humility: Imitate Jesus and Socrates.

infinity

Staff member
Occupation
Journeyman Electrician
Your install looks fine. If you were to cable tie all the wires tight and straight, you would start a bundling argument. :)

Brent

You think so? 310.15(A)(2)Exception would likely take care of that. :)

Not a bad job, IMO it could be neater but it code compliant as is.

Status
Not open for further replies.