Shocked today

Status
Not open for further replies.

Minuteman

I am glad you are alright I had 2 close electrocutions at work in the last couple of weeks. One of my coworkers was hung up on 277 on the damp ground squirming like a snake on a barbeque grill. Dont even try to convince him that the ground is a poor conductor. Luckily his partner knocked him off the circuit on his second attempt.

Wow Quogue, that sounds bad! Is he okay?

Minuteman

Being a delta service, he probably put half of the circuits on the B phase, then realized this mistake after using up all the smoke in the coffee makers.
extinguish.gif

Yeah, and it ruins the coffee. :roll:

quogueelectric

Wow Quogue, that sounds bad! Is he okay?
They kept both of them a few days on telemetry. Apparentlly a bad shock causes certain enzymes to be released into te bloodstream and the first guy who got hit was on a ladder and got hung up on the ceiling grid 277 e kicked the 8 foot ladder out from under him and suffered cuts/stitches but enzymes in the blood show the severity of the shock. the ceiling victim was much less a concern . The visual of a snake on a barbecue is brutal and what probably saved the guys life as he didnt get hung up too long in any one spot. He has seen the light and appreciates every day he is alive now. He is a different man from a week ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.