Wednesdays picture.

Status
Not open for further replies.

chris kennedy

Occupation
60 yr old tool twisting electrician
I know I said I would spare you all any more school violation pictures, but I couldn't resist posting this. RTU 3 went south so I went up to see what was up. I couldn't get into the wiring compartment because the roofers had tarred and screwed it closed. Genius.

This is a 12?12?6 PVC J-box with a 2" rigid feeder and a 2" LFMC to the unit. Note the EGC has been stripped but there are no compression marks. Guess the installer couldn't fit a bonding bushing on the RMC so he walked away.

Maverickrtu002.jpg

480sparky

Maybe the grounding wire used to touch the rigid?

That bell wire will serve as a nice ground path. Maybe the grounding conductor should have been tied to those!

Dennis Alwon

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Contractor
How can one install t-stat wire with high voltage cable in the PVC box. I am sure the t-stat wire does not have insulation equal to that of the branch circuit.

480sparky

How can one install t-stat wire with high voltage cable in the PVC box. I am sure the t-stat wire does not have insulation equal to that of the branch circuit.

Turn your Codebook upside down..... think: "Does the high-voltage cable have insulation equal to or better than the stat wire?":D

augie47

Staff member
Occupation
State Electrical Inspector (Retired)
School systems around here tend to hire the best electricians $7.50 an hour will get and the inspection system is not set up to look at their work.

chris kennedy

Occupation
60 yr old tool twisting electrician
I just started renovations in a school. The in house janitor/electrician has plenty of surprises like that for me too.

Have fun and get used to the saying:

'Boy, just when you think you've seen it all.'

Take pictures.

Status
Not open for further replies.