curious what bumper cars use dc or ac

Status
Not open for further replies.

zappy

I was at the amusment park with my son and was wondering about how they work. It looks like the floor is metal to complete the circuit. The steel above, is that hooked up to the hot? Just curious how they work thats all:smile:

iwire

Staff member
I have some background with them and the old school ones like I worked on where just straight 120 VAC. That said, I agree with 480 that it entirely depends on the manufacturer, some use AC, some use DC. The voltage of modern ones is likely under 50 volts due to new standards that insurance companies expect to be followed.

The supply to the metal ceiling to feed the cars where I worked was single phase 400 amps 120 volt.

wbalsam1

I have some background with them and the old school ones like I worked on where just straight 120 VAC. That said, I agree with 480 that it entirely depends on the manufacturer, some use AC, some use DC. The voltage of modern ones is likely under 50 volts due to new standards that insurance companies expect to be followed.

The supply to the metal ceiling to feed the cars where I worked was single phase 400 amps 120 volt.

WOW! Don't stand up in your car! :grin:

zog

Expert advice from our resident carny :)

Status
Not open for further replies.