Terminal Strips ??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone know of a product - similar to Ideals terminal strips, but that have a cover.

terminal_strip_6251.jpg

I have used power distribution blocks for lager cable that have covers but cant seem to find one for smaller wire.

Smart $

Esteemed Member
Anyone know of a product - similar to Ideals terminal strips, but that have a cover.

terminal_strip_6251.jpg
No need to go "similar". Ideal makes covers for their's. Not shown as a product on their website but they are in their catalog. See page A-26. Here's a link to Section A - Wire Termination.

If you can't get them through a local vendor there are many online dealers that carry them. Such as...

http://www.goodmart.com/products/electrical_supplies_terminals_lugs_accessories.htm

iwire

Staff member
No need to go "similar". Ideal makes covers for their's. Not shown as a product on their website but they are in their catalog. See page A-26. Here's a link to Section A - Wire Termination.

If you can't get them through a local vendor there are many online dealers that carry them. Such as...

http://www.goodmart.com/products/electrical_supplies_terminals_lugs_accessories.htm

They sure do, but even with the cover I am not sure they are consider 'finger safe' as you have remove the cover from the entire strip to work on one terminal. In many places no one cares about that but I work at some places that demand 'finger safe' terminals and equipment.

Smart $

Esteemed Member
They sure do, but even with the cover I am not sure they are consider 'finger safe' as you have remove the cover from the entire strip to work on one terminal. In many places no one cares about that but I work at some places that demand 'finger safe' terminals and equipment.
Quite correct.

In such places, I/we usually use din rail terminal blocks.

FWIW, Wieland makes a similar "barrier strip" with a tighter footprint...

http://www.linkpath.com/indexIssue....rch=29.401.2053.0&tempSearchCode=WUSA&flash=0

On a similar issue, can anyone report their opnion on the lever-lock wago's performance...

jdsmith

On a similar issue, can anyone report their opnion on the lever-lock wago's performance...

I ordered a pack each of the 3 position and 5 position connectors. I used them to bench test an electronic motor protective relay - I didn't install them anywhere. The wires seemed to be held firmly in the connector, and it is fairly easy to release one wire to reconfigure the circuit in a test setup. What would you use them for in the real world though?

Smart $

Esteemed Member
What would you use them for in the real world though?
Didn't really have any application in mind. Hadn't even considered if there was a practical application. Sometimes just knowing a product is available and how it performs can prevent one from getting in a pinch for time (i.e. "I needed it last week" kind of situations).

Status
Not open for further replies.