best motor control book

Status
Not open for further replies.

electricalperson

i was thumbing through electrical motor controls second edition by gary rockis and glen mazur. its a very good book incase anyone needs a good motor control book.

what are everyone elses thoughts on these kinds of books?

neutral

Electric Motor Repair, 3rd Edition by Robert Rosenberg would be my choice. I have one from around 1970 and at that time it was the very best you could buy. I'm sure the newer ones are much better.

76nemo

Electric Motor Fundamentals ~McIntyre

Transformers & Motors ~Shultz

Electrical Transformers & Rotating Machinery ~ Delmar

Practical Troubleshooting of Electrical Equipment and Control Circuits ~ Brown, Rawtani, Patel

Last edited:

a.bisnath

Electric Motor Repair, 3rd Edition by Robert Rosenberg

Electric Motor Repair, 3rd Edition by Robert Rosenberg

Electric Motor Repair, 3rd Edition by Robert Rosenberg would be my choice.
Yes! the very best I have seen I got a copy fro a retired supervisor I had it is the very best,quite expensive now,hard to get in the carribbean,I treat it like gold.

rickymcc

I agree the "Electrical Motor Controls" by Gary Rockis and Glen Mazur is a great book. I teach apprentice classes on the side and use this book for the motor controls class. I also recommend it for studying for people in my plant wanting to take the Nocti Industrial Electrician exam. I have used this book for the last 8 years and it covers a broad range of electrical components.

Ricky McConnell
General Mills Pillsbury
Murfreesboro Tennessee

neutral

i ordered the book on amazon used for about 100 bucks. they had cheaper ones but this one was "like new"

I think you will be pleased with it, but don't stop with just one book, you can't have too many books. there are things to be learned from them all, sometimes its just a bit more clear in the way some books present it. two heads are better than one, and two books are better than one.

CFL

i got the book electric motor repair. i like how its split up in 2 pieces. pictures and stuff on the left and the words on the right

I'm just curious, are you reading to expand your knowledge or are you in or preparing to enter this field (or this part of our field). I just don't work with electricians that read much less ones that read about stuff they don't have to know to perform their job. I will probably buy this same book now.

CFL

The last book I mentioned Chris is the best on on drives, but if you don't have any background in electronics, it won't do you any good.

http://www.ebookmall.com/ebook/170325-ebook.htm

I've thought about learning electronics but always told myself I have enough to learn about my present line of work. But I feel like I should know more and obviously it's a requirement for some control work and useful for so many things. How about a book on electronics for an electrician without that background.

electricalperson

I'm just curious, are you reading to expand your knowledge or are you in or preparing to enter this field (or this part of our field). I just don't work with electricians that read much less ones that read about stuff they don't have to know to perform their job. I will probably buy this same book now.

im a licensed electrician ive been working in the field since 2002. i am expanding my knowledge to help me rise above the rest and become a great electrician. a lot of the stuff im trying to learn most guys ive worked with dont know. its impossible to know everything. just trying to become a real master electrician

76nemo

I've thought about learning electronics but always told myself I have enough to learn about my present line of work. But I feel like I should know more and obviously it's a requirement for some control work and useful for so many things. How about a book on electronics for an electrician without that background.

Like an introductory book you mean?

76nemo

There is no one book that can get you to the bottom of electronics. You're an electrician, electronics is a whole other world. Depending on how you were taught theory, electronics may come to you as a different universe.

Electronics in the 70's and 80's were one thing . Thee electronics and developement of today is so far advanced it's boggling.

Status
Not open for further replies.