Do any of you guys use a screwdriver like this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wireguru

This screwdriver is called 'Combo Drive' its basically phillips and slotted in the same tip specifically for the screws on wiring devices. I like it because you get the torque of using a slotted driver without the problem of it slipping out. Anyone using them?

IMG_0913-800.jpg

IMG_0912-800.jpg

IMG_0914-800.jpg

ultramegabob

I bought a couple a few months back and gave one to my helper, I bought mine at Menards, I cannot remember what brand it is, but it is Made in the U.S.A. It works pretty good, less slippage and chewing the screw head up, I hate those combo screws they put on things.:mad:

Last edited:

wireguru

These are made by Pratt-Read in the USA. Wiha also makes one I believe.
Note that while the handle looks like a Klein knockoff, Pratt-Read is actually the handle OEM for Klein.

Cow

Occupation
Electrician
Pretty cool, I'll bet it does work great on those device screws. But I'll still use my little 12v Li-Ion Milwaukee drill driver anyways, I try not to turn a screwdriver manually anymore than I have too.:cool:

SiddMartin

Pretty cool, I'll bet it does work great on those device screws. But I'll still use my little 12v Li-Ion Milwaukee drill driver anyways, I try not to turn a screwdriver manually anymore than I have too.:cool:

i am right with ya, i use a 4V milwaukee... need to upgrade to the 12v li-ion!

dbuckley

Heck, I always thought those screwheads were a Chinese invention that allowed one to use either a crosspoint or a flat blade tool, neither of which fitted well. That there is a tool that fits them astounds me! Now I need to find out if you can actually get such a tool in New Zealand...

LarryFine

Master Electrician Electric Contractor Richmond VA
Occupation
Electrical Contractor
Same here. I wonder if you can get that tip on hex-dive bits?

Status
Not open for further replies.