Second class , maybe

Status
Not open for further replies.

mickeyrench

I work in a industrial company with 6 machanics and 2 electricians and it seems like the electricians are not being used in the right way. {This is my opiion only.} It seems like the electricians are always working with the machanics as extra help because they are short handed. We don't mind helping out. When we do get work it seems to be things like lights ,outlets , or something that is not inportant. I work with a electrician who has 35 years as a electrician with a lot of knowlege to learn from but is not able to use it in the best way . He is given small jobs such as repairing lights , relace motors, etc. He has spokento the manager about things as the bad condition of the switchgear centers, transformers, the broken keys for the kirk locks. He has spoken to them about doing some repairs on previos work by some of the machanics , but has fallen on deaf ears. Its getting harder each day but glad to have a job.
JUST VENTING, with no real question unless we are not alone as electricians.

brian john

Seems to me that if there is electrical work to be completed not matter what the work. It would be done by electricians and IF it was my company and there was no electric work you'd be doing what was need to do to keep you busy.

Now if it is your goal to be an electrician maybe this is not the place for you to work.

Sharpie

It is a blessing just to have a job. However, I might encourage the "senior" electrician to write a formal report on his findings and concerns (He is the "experienced" professional that they hired to take care of their facilities electrical needs), and then have a meeting with the management to discuss the matters.
The final decision is theirs, but this (if documented properly) should keep the pending failures from coming back to being the electricians not doing their jobs.

The other thing to consider is if equipment is unsafe, and your working around it, that is a violation of OSHA. You need to do what it takes to go home every day to your family.

Status
Not open for further replies.