romex stapler

Status
Not open for further replies.

ElectricianJeff

Anybody ever rough in a housing job with romex staple gun? did it work?

I did 1 house last summer with a stapler I bought at home depot just to try it. It worked OK until I droped it off a ladder a couple of times. Then it kept jamming, I finished the house with it to use the pricey staples I had bought. Its still in the truck but hardly ever sees the light of day.

480sparky

I use an Arrow T75. Arrow has special staples made just for NM.

T75.jpg
7910ST75.jpg

I don't think any stapler will replace good old hammer-n-staples in some instances.

ultramegabob

back when I used to work for another company and did some new homes, the boss bought us staple guns, some of the guys loved them. I never really cared alot for using them, I guess its hard to teach an old dog new tricks. I suppose if you started out using them you may like them better than a hammer, but I feel like its just another tool to have to lug around, and make sure you have the staples on hand that work with your tool, you can pick up regular staples about anywhere, and any hammer will drive them in....

LarryFine

Master Electrician Electric Contractor Richmond VA
Occupation
Electrical Contractor
I bought one and tried it. You have to shoot two staples at every point, and they don't hold real well. Interested in it? :cool:

Added: Teminds me of something PJ told me about her daughter: when she was little, she used to say "Mommy, this tastes yucky! You want it?" :smile:

Last edited:

okeefe

I tried two diffrent kinds of romex staple guns hoping it would be faster and easier,but both jam up all the time, and sometimes it doess not go into the wood far enough and you have to use a hammer anyway. I think it is a good idea, if I had one that worked all the time. I do like to use cable stackers for for switch boxes, which might same some time and looks nice.

boltneck

i bought one to use in crawl spaces

when your layin on your back and your nose rubbin the bottom of the floor joist

piece of crap, jams alot. Couldnt imagine rough'in a whole house with it

Doug S.

Wow. I must be lucky. Mine rarely jams.

I had a T-75 and used it a bunch when I did low-voltage stuff. It was a beauty, so nice some one decided they wanted it more than me.:mad:

I'll buy another some day, when the price or need is right. Still got 1/2 a box of staples, if I see 'm around I'll mail them to ya.

Until then it's a hammer, apron and ...

Doug S.

LarryFine

Master Electrician Electric Contractor Richmond VA
Occupation
Electrical Contractor
PJ and I are in the process of converting the new Craftsman cordless nail driver to driving staples.

In other words, we're considering buying one. ;)

goldstar

Occupation
Electrical Contractor
I purchased a Powerfast staple gun several years ago and it worked fine as long as you kept the gun flat to the surface. If you lifted your hand slightly it would jam. Powerfast has since gone bust and you can't get the staples any more. I wouldn't wire a whole house with a staple gun though - not worth the price of the staples. The guns work great when running wire in tight spaces like in a basement along the double stud plate but that's about it.

jimport

Occupation
Master Electrician
I have a PowerFast one that is great on the plywood web of TJI's. It does jam ocassionally but seems to be worth it for the time saving.

The staples are too small to be used with RG-6 without crimping the cable.

Status
Not open for further replies.