Washington 07 master license to 01 ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

cascadece

How does a licensed 07 master electrician upgrade to an 01 journeyman??? Is there any way or am I stuck as 07 for the rest of my life.

ray cyr

Is a journeyman license a higher level than a masters in Washington?

No, the difference in this situation is that the 07 only covers residential but the 01 covers everything 600 volts and under. In Washington, the masters is a combination of the journeymans and administrators certifications.

wawireguy

You can have 4000 hours of low volt or resi or ? along with 4000 hours of commercial to get your 01 card in WA.

tom baker

First Chief Moderator
Staff member
The master electrical certification is optional. To become a master, either speciality or journeyman, you must be a certified electrician and adminstror, in the same speciality.
The master electrical exam is a harder adminstrator exam.
The advantage of being a master electrican is that you only have to renew one certification.
What I would recommend for you is to take the adminstrator exam, if you took and passed the 07, then you could take the 07 master after two years as a speciality electrican.
Note that the 07 (Non Residential Maintenance) exam is the second hardest next to 01, and its a safe bet that the 07 admin and master are the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.