Very large multistory building electrical renovation

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did not stop the job, that was the building department. I really do not find any pleasure in seeing issues like this one.

I am on the site, as a representative of the building owner, through his attorney.

I will post a few more pictures.

Here is one of the risers to the store-on the first floor.
The raceway does not extend to the top-hat(crownbox).

P2200002.jpg

What happens when the Jbox is not large enough? Make it bigger.

P2200022.jpg

"Now make sure to keep the line straight...Yeah, just like that, thats good enough"

P2200023.jpg

"What do you mean put the conductors in a raceway...we didn't put the others in one"

P2200035.jpg

"You know raceways cost money"

P2200036.jpg

"Okay, next job we will use the raceway things"

P2200052.jpg

klrogers2

One of the sad details of this story is about the ownership.
The father has had the business for many years. His sons are taking the business over, and had not got their own license(s) yet. They were working under his license, but he is/was basically retired. I do not know if he even saw the jobsite before this job went south.

Looks to me that his sons should find a new trade:rolleyes:

Here are some of the risers going up the stairwell. Look at the support method. I believe this is somewhere around the 14th floor.

P2200084.jpg

As I mentioned, there are multiple use stores on the first & second floors.
Here is one of the meters and disconnects. This is a very economically installed job.

P2200065.jpg

big john

It appears that there is pull box down about 2 floors.
I saw that, that's why I'm not sure what the problem is. Regarding the support method, if there's something wrong there, I'm afraid to hear what because I've done a number of vertical racks in exactly that same fashion.

-John

cadpoint

Ignoring how incredibly ugly that is, where's the violation? Maybe 300.19?

Then theres the building codes... I didn't look at 300.19... :rolleyes:

For a stairway egress, it goes something like a maintained fire rating of two hours. (in most cases) ...

One could almost associate the isolation of this space not unlike a elevator shaft and say that only the appiable things should be in there!

When I read the OP, all I could think was concrete incased huggin the walls...

I think, I'd of gone compression coupling if it's sprinkled. :grin:

wawireguy

All I can say is "WOW!" I feel sorry for the people stuck working in that high rise. Fire is a scary thing on a tall building like that. That was a blatantly unsafe install. Thank goodness someone stopped it. That owner should think very hard next time about who he hires as a general and who is doing work for him. The lowest bidder often times is not who you want doing the job.

Status
Not open for further replies.