George W. Flach

Status
Not open for further replies.

bphgravity

It is with profound regret that I report the passing of our friend George Flach. George was an industry icon. Over time, he has served the electrical industry in a variety of roles. He was chief electrical inspector for the city of New Orleans, a long time member and past chair of CMP 15, a contributor to IAEI news, and past international president of IAEI, to name a few. Most recently, he served as member emeritus on CMP 13. He received his BSEE from Tulane University in 1949 and was a registered professional engineer.

Many of us know George best from his many years on the IAEI circuit where he was always willing to share his knowledge. He was a Gold Roadrunner and an NEC Quarter Century Club member.

SEO

George is going to be greatly missed. George contributed to the Electrical Contractor magizine as well most recently in Code Q&A.

rbalex

Staff member
Occupation
Professional Electrical Engineer
George and I butted heads a few times - I never lost so many arguments to a finer gentleman. I'll miss him greatly.

bphgravity

Here is a picture of George (right) with my boss (Tommy Lasprogato - Past Chapter President) at the 2007 Florida Chapter Meeting in Orlando. I had the opportunity to eat lunch with George and talk with him awhile about New Orleans and Hurricane Katrina. It would be completely appropriate to show a picture of George next to the definition of "gentleman" in the dictionary.

37.jpg

Last edited:

tom baker

First Chief Moderator
Staff member
I've only been to a few IAEI section meetings and the one national (75th)meeting in Florida in 2005 or so. George, if I recall was at the 25th anniversary meeting.

George was there for all of them, and he was well respected. I recall at the IAEI meeting in Anchorage Alaska in 2001 there was presentation on generator manual transfer switches, one person in the audience said they don't have to be listed, and was arguing with Mr Flach!
I was a regular reader of his column in EC magazine.

My God Bless Him!

My God Bless Him!

May God Bless Him!

I knew George as the Chief Electrical Inspector for the City New Orleans and as a Chairman for CMP 15 on the NEC Committee. We traveled together and we taught the 1984 NFPA NEC Seminars.

He was a fine person and he taught me a lot about the NEC!

When he got up to the mike at IAEI meetings everyone stopped to listen!

I will miss him too, may he rest in peace!

Last edited:

bphgravity

George Flach was the 1982 IAEI, International President, a friend, and mentor to most of the electrical industry. I assume you all know that George passed away on August 2. I believe the link below will allow you to post messages to his family, send flowers, sign the guestbook, see the obituary, or see the viewing and funeral arrangements.

http://www.lakelawnmetairie.com/obi...23818.tributes.com/show/George-Flach-86485011

Donny Cook
IAEI, Southern Section Secretary

dcspector

John Minick gave us the news Monday at our IAEI Virginia annual meeting in Hampton. George was one of our Code Panelist at our Southern Section meeting last October. We all took a moment of prayer Monday.

Status
Not open for further replies.