footwear

Status
Not open for further replies.

480sparky

Red Wing 1412.

1412.jpg

Rockyd

Occupation
Retired after 40 years as an electrician.
Danners, they are Goretex sides and have an EH (I think they're rated electrical hazard) toe. Cost about $150 in Alaska.

ultramegabob

I rotate between a pair of Wolverine Durashocks and a pair of Redwing Worx boots back and forth every other day to allow them to air dry between use, I think it makes them last longer and cuts down on getting athletes foot.

Rewire

Boots are like any other tool the better the quality the better the tool.In my early years I bought what I could afford and my feet paid the price.Today I spring for the better quality boot.

sparky723

Boots.

Boots.

Wolverine 6" MultiShox Steeltoe. Alot of guys brag on red wing. Ive always thought about trying them, but every time it comes to buying boots, I go back to my Wolverines. I have had several styles of their boots from slip on to lace up's and I like the lace up MUCH better. It takes a little longer putting them on, but the ankle support on construction site (rebar,etc..) is nice. The Red Wing fans say there is 0 break-in period. I find that hard to believe, but don't know since I've never had a pair of RW's.My Wolverine's take approx.3 days to break in. I have a great way to break them in though.
Hope this helps.

Rewire

Wolverine 6" MultiShox Steeltoe. Alot of guys brag on red wing. Ive always thought about trying them, but every time it comes to buying boots, I go back to my Wolverines. I have had several styles of their boots from slip on to lace up's and I like the lace up MUCH better. It takes a little longer putting them on, but the ankle support on construction site (rebar,etc..) is nice. The Red Wing fans say there is 0 break-in period. I find that hard to believe, but don't know since I've never had a pair of RW's.My Wolverine's take approx.3 days to break in. I have a great way to break them in though.
Hope this helps.

afew years back I had a pair of custom made cowboy boots I asked the guy how long it would take to "break" them in he told me a good pair of boots didn't need broke in

PetrosA

I wore Red Wings for about 7 years, both in electrical and my previous job (standing a lot on concrete floors) but with electrical, I finally had to change to a different brand. I had two pairs of 606s and the soles came off of both in a relatively short time from kneeling and curling my foot under. The previous pair I owned was a concrete floor model (flat sole) that doesn't exist anymore and never wore them out. I don't think I got 1 1/2 years out of the two pairs of 606s (I would alternate days to keep them drier). It's absolutely true that they don't need a break-in period IF they fit your foot to begin with. Some guys just don't feel good in them and shouldn't buy them. For the last two years or so I've been wearing a pair of Schmidts that I got at TSC and "upgraded" with a pair of Red Wing inserts. Their inserts are the best I've ever used.

ohmhead

Well there called Whites Boots american made .
There for electrical work ansi and nfpa rated boots once you get a pair it will be you last for a few years .

dduffee260

Had a friend of mine show me some ZCoils. These were boots with the springs in the heels only they were covered. They were kinda comfy. I may get a pair at $300. Before I have always wore Wolverine Durashock with the flat heel.

jeremysterling

Because of a previous workboot thread on this forum, I went back to Redwing after a 10 year hiatus. A coworker suggested I try the 2235 "King toe" and I really like them!

Status
Not open for further replies.