Dimmed Lights

Status
Not open for further replies.

girl

When I turn light switch ON all 6 incadesent light bulbs are dimmed, they are not bright enough like they use to be. They are 60 Watt light bulbs connected to a regular ON/OFF switch, not dimmer switch.

Thank you all

mxslick

Not so fast..a bad connection or a bad contact in the switch can cause this problem too.

I would replace/bypass the switch first as a test, if that doesn't work I'd check all the connections, HOTS and neutrals, and finally I'd check/replace the breaker if all else fails.

Hopefully the OP will return with the end findings....

surf more

Not so fast..a bad connection or a bad contact in the switch can cause this problem too.

I would replace/bypass the switch first as a test, if that doesn't work I'd check all the connections, HOTS and neutrals, and finally I'd check/replace the breaker if all else fails.

Hopefully the OP will return with the end findings....

funny you should mention switch---i replaced a single pole sw(toggle) yesterday that was back wired that was causing same problem.
when sw was flipped sometimes all bulbs would be dim...,and sometimes it would not work at all of course.
i would also check to see what else is on that circuit besides lights!!!!!!!!!!
good luck

girl

thank you all,
I will check what you guys told me and then I will be back to let you know what did I find out.
Thanks again

Status
Not open for further replies.