12v Lithium milwaukee hacksaw

Status
Not open for further replies.

Charlie Bob

does anybody have this tool?
I'm looking into buying it,i'd like to hear you all's in-put first.
I like to use it to cut 350kcmil and up among other uses, conduit,etc.
I don't owned one of those ratchet cutters for big wire, but they rub about the same price as the sallsaw, so i figure i can get more use out the sallsaw for the same money.
Thanks.

chris kennedy

Occupation
60 yr old tool twisting electrician
I don't owned one of those ratchet cutters for big wire, but they rub about the same price as the sallsaw, so i figure i can get more use out the sallsaw for the same money.
Thanks.

They are different tools designed for different jobs. Get both.

e57

Really? I would think that the vibration would be a handful.
And tear the end up good.... A little un-wieldy - but I use my band-saw.;) When I'm cutting up large conductors - I have usually just cut up some large pipe for them to go into - the band saw is right there... (And I'm stiff wristed enough to one hand that beast for the time being... And lazy enough to drag it out for 1/2" EMT.)

"hackzall" I saw one but am cutting down on the tool habit these days. Looks like a sawzall for mini-hacksaw/sawzall blades. (yeah just what I need - another tool requiring special searches for over-priced blades... :mad:) Looking it up to remind myself - found this review. ;)
http://www.toolsnob.com/archives/2008/09/milwaukee_hackzall_review.php

cadpoint

M o

M o

I'm all for Two for One Tools!

I don't think this is a correct application verses useage, I'm not battery cutters, nor Crimpers, nor other odd tools that require a battery to complete.

The Rachet will see more uses verses a 12V Saw-all. Beside 12V is nothing to the stain that a 12V will suffer through, IE Get an 18 Volt Saw-all... Get the Rachet cutters.

c2500

I have one and love it...though it is a niche tool for me. It cut through a 2" cast iron drain line, using one battery and started in on another. Cutting aluminum should be a breeze for it. If you can, get the kit with the little drill/driver. I use it all the time for receptacle screws. The LED helps alot.

c2500

Status
Not open for further replies.