Geothermal HVAC NYC

Status
Not open for further replies.

unytko

I am working on the load calculations for the project in Brooklyn NY 3500SF townhouse. In the notes I see that Geothermal HVAC will be used but no specs provided. Can someone direct me where I can find electrical requirements for different sizes systems or maybe someone worked on one and can tell me details. I am new to this.
Appreciate any help.

nakulak

I would seriously consider contacting the powers that be and get the specs for what is being installed at that particular premesis.

cadpoint

I am working on the load calculations for the project in Brooklyn NY 3500SF townhouse. In the notes I see that Geothermal HVAC will be used but no specs provided. Can someone direct me where I can find electrical requirements for different sizes systems or maybe someone worked on one and can tell me details. I am new to this.
Appreciate any help.

You didn’t say what the total square footage of the project is, this would be critical in sizing the well pumps and the BTU’s/hour.
Accounting for the total draw from the well(s) and what BTU’s is obtainable is really important here.

This is certainly an RFI issue, it certainly could have truly be a missed item, if it’s not on your drawing, then hopefully the call outs are on the mechanical drawings.

Sometimes the mechanical supplies all of it, or as your trying to question well what size is all the services.
Here’s a run down of the last service, I've installed. the total job was ~ 1/2M Sq FT

Rental Spaces (commercial)
3 Pumps - 30 Amp motor control disconnect with thermal overloads
1 Pump – 40 Amp motor control disconnect with thermal overloads
(Both need line and load - runs)
1 – #8 circuit with a disconnect for each HVAC unit in each Space
1- 30 Amp for Aux. Heater per unit.

Residential
1 – 60 Amp for main HVAC Unit with 1- 30 Amp for Aux. Heater, both with disconnects
There were also roof top A/C units 1- 40 amp service

There was no engineering done as to the proposed layout requirements, there was no drawing for placement of the
services and while the piping could be plastic pipe they went with steel most piping for the mechanical will blow out any small space. Lucky, I had the pumps close to the main services

The upsale is to put in some VFD's to control everything, the motors where left running wide open, not so "green"! :roll:

Good Luck

Last edited:

cadpoint

I forgot to add that a circuit for the well head was supplied out 20' only + -
so add a possible disconnect there and a circuit to the correct amperage for your well head motor.

unytko

Thanks

Thanks

You didn?t say what the total square footage of the project is, this would be critical in sizing the well pumps and the BTU?s/hour.
Accounting for the total draw from the well(s) and what BTU?s is obtainable is really important here.

This is certainly an RFI issue, it certainly could have truly be a missed item, if it?s not on your drawing, then hopefully the call outs are on the mechanical drawings.

Sometimes the mechanical supplies all of it, or as your trying to question well what size is all the services.
Here?s a run down of the last service, I've installed. the total job was ~ 1/2M Sq FT

Rental Spaces (commercial)
3 Pumps - 30 Amp motor control disconnect with thermal overloads
1 Pump ? 40 Amp motor control disconnect with thermal overloads
(Both need line and load - runs)
1 ? #8 circuit with a disconnect for each HVAC unit in each Space
1- 30 Amp for Aux. Heater per unit.

Residential
1 ? 60 Amp for main HVAC Unit with 1- 30 Amp for Aux. Heater, both with disconnects
There were also roof top A/C units 1- 40 amp service

There was no engineering done as to the proposed layout requirements, there was no drawing for placement of the
services and while the piping could be plastic pipe they went with steel most piping for the mechanical will blow out any small space. Lucky, I had the pumps close to the main services

The upsale is to put in some VFD's to control everything, the motors where left running wide open, not so "green"! :roll:

Good Luck
The house is 3500 SF as I posted. Thanks for the input. It gives me an idea about the loads. Thanks again.
GK

Status
Not open for further replies.