Boxes to be accessible

Status
Not open for further replies.

dana1028

Dana, IMO, The HVAC unit would be part of the dwelling unit as it is needed to provide

complete and independant living facilities, even more if heat and ac combo.

The HVAC contractor should know better than to block access to your boxes, etc., 50%

of thier work is electrical. Refuse to wire the unit unless they give you access to your stuff.

Thanx Ben - I appreciate all the feedback. Actually I'm the inspector on this job and I'm familiar with all your points - the problem is, this is an $8M+ dollar home, so when I start making calls that will get the HVAC contractor hot, it will go upstairs [above my boss' head if necessary], so I wanted a code section that would have no wiggle room. The electrical contractors work is all done so he doesn't need to get into the pull box/condulet at this time [just might someday become an issue]. Thanx again for all the feedback.

eprice

I just thought there might be something that says the box/covers must remain accessible but I can't find such language. [We're talking about substantial cost to moving this HVAC equipment...I was hoping for some language that is quite cut & dried so to speak; and I don't think the language in 314.29 or 300.15(A) provides such.

How about 110.26? I'm not saying that 110.26(A) would apply here, but I think the first paragraph of 110.26 applies to all electrical equipment.

Status
Not open for further replies.