sub panel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Volta

Yes. Although 110.5 states that ". . . shall be of copper unless otherwise provided in this Code.", 310.14 allows for conductors made of AA-8000 series electrical grade aluminum alloy.

Welcome.

roger

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrician
the guy at home depot says it is against code

Don't take this wrong but, your profile says you are an electrician and your association to the trade is healthcare, why would you be going to a big box salesperson for information?

Roger

Volta

Since Roger pointed out your connection to health care, be sure to note things such as 517.14, 517.19(D) if they fit your applications.

There are good reasons not to use aluminum in some of these places beyond Code, too.

roger

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrician
Pookcat, you didn't need to change your profile, I just asked a question.

Is your question dealing with a healthcare facility or your home?

Roger

celtic

Ummm, I guess, cause it started to many fires back in the late 60's early 70's.

:-?

Its a whole new millennium here :cool:

Many of these articles haven't changed since the last millennium, though....you might want to eyeball them before the next millennium :D

310.2(B)

et al.

At what time it was common knowledge that the world was flat....that changed too.

Buck Parrish

:-?

Its a whole new millennium here :cool:

Many of these articles haven't changed since the last millennium, though....you might want to eyeball them before the next millennium :D

310.2(B)

et al.

At what time it was common knowledge that the world was flat....that changed too.

I didn't see any thing there related to branch wiring. Although, I can see in some applications such as motors, you might could use it to more then one. Which would make it branch wiring.
You could have figured I was thinking a house being the dates I mentioned. With the old AL - romex

Status
Not open for further replies.