smoke alarm

Status
Not open for further replies.

normbac

Wired a custom home 6 mos ago, owner says that smoke alarms will sound off for a second then stop, happens maybe once a week and will only be one alarm that warps and each time it will be a different room that goes off for instance last night it was his room and the week before his sons room? he sent me a certified letter stating his complaint but I do not know how to approach this?
any help TIA

480sparky

Make an appointment with the HO and go over there and swap out ALL the smokes. I got a dollar that says that will solve the problem.

Buck Parrish

It could be the batteries. When we first started installing them in every bed room. I had these type of problems. I now have the owners or contractors furnish the smoke alarms. My problem solved.

Now if they call because of a problem. I tell them I will be glad to come out at $$ per hour. They ussually figure out how to fix it them selfs.

You how ever, will have to go out and replace the smoke detectors, change the batteries, some thing. Nothing is worse then having a alarm go off when you are trying to sleep.

Rewire

I would change the smoke head and be sure and write the date on the back for reference.Bring the old head back and put it on the test bench sometimes it is a smiple bad battery or poor connection of the pigtail.

AVD001

I had a problem with firex smokes a couple of years ago. I just ate the 20 minutes to pull them down and replace them with new ones. I brought the old smoke to the supply house and got a credit for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.