Thermador wall heater

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sierrasparky

Occupation
Electrician ,contractor
Anyone know how to get a hold of a Thermador SW wall heater schematic. The heater just needs a motor.
I put a new motor in and it does not rotate. The voltage at the heater is 240 so installed a 240v replacement. The tag on the heater claims 120, 208 , or 240v. . Is that possible could the motor be 120 volt and be in series with the element? There are jumpers but the post designation lables are not there.

Sierrasparky

Occupation
Electrician ,contractor
Found the wire diag WEIRD!!!

Found the wire diag WEIRD!!!

I got hold of a Wiring Diag.
Seems odd to me.
It appears the heater is a multivoltage unit but does not have a multi-tap motor. the motor's current is reduced through the resistive elements.
See the PDF

Last edited:

mxslick

Anyone know how to get a hold of a Thermador SW wall heater schematic. The heater just needs a motor.
I put a new motor in and it does not rotate. The voltage at the heater is 240 so installed a 240v replacement. The tag on the heater claims 120, 208 , or 240v. . Is that possible could the motor be 120 volt and be in series with the element? There are jumpers but the post designation lables are not there.

Based on the schematic, I see a few possible causes of the problem:

First off, the motor will NOT be a 240volt rated model. You have one of the elements in series so the motor would be 120 volts at the most. And, most importantly, since it is is series with the heater element, the windings MUST have the exact electrical characteristics as the manufacturer intended. So, you need to get the EXACT replacement motor from Cadet/Thermador.

Second, if the one heater element is open, the motor will not work anyways. So check that element.

Good luck.

Sierrasparky

Occupation
Electrician ,contractor
Based on the schematic, I see a few possible causes of the problem:

First off, the motor will NOT be a 240volt rated model. You have one of the elements in series so the motor would be 120 volts at the most. And, most importantly, since it is is series with the heater element, the windings MUST have the exact electrical characteristics as the manufacturer intended. So, you need to get the EXACT replacement motor from Cadet/Thermador.

Second, if the one heater element is open, the motor will not work anyways. So check that element.

Good luck.

That is what I was wondering. What do you think would happen if I just used a best match 120v motor , same rpm ,amps?

Status
Not open for further replies.