UF Protection?

Status
Not open for further replies.

360Youth

I ran accross this while looking at a new remodel estimate. One of the list items is changing out existing flood fixtures. I traced the painted conduit feeding the fixture boxes and found that it was actually plumbing line. I am sure I will have to add changinging the conduit to the bill, but the question is this: If it ends up that UF wire is in the pvc, would it still end up needing replacing, or does it actually qualify as nothing more than sufficient protection from physical damage? I am a little rusty on conduit fill for cables, but my guess is that it is a vioaltion rom that standpoint alone, as well as possible bending radius of the cable at he elbow. Just asking. It will be in my price to replace, tho.

3856189836_9eecbf8dcc.jpg

Jim W in Tampa

What is shown is not legal even if it is UF as its bending radius is to sharp at the 90. However if all they want is fixture change then thats all i would price out on the bid. Let the inspector deal with the handyman work. Its not your job to bring everything up to code.

360Youth

What is shown is not legal even if it is UF as its bending radius is to sharp at the 90. However if all they want is fixture change then thats all i would price out on the bid. Let the inspector deal with the handyman work. Its not your job to bring everything up to code.

My guess is that I am going to have inspection issues. He will find a way to say that it needs to be brought up to code, besides which, I have all idea that the wire in the conduit will be NM and not UF or THHN.

Status
Not open for further replies.