Electric chair

Status
Not open for further replies.

76nemo

Please excuse my ignorance, but I have to ask. Again, excuse me.

I have heard of peoples eyeballs popping out of socket during the death bed. I heard this YEARS ago. I just watched the Green Mile which is very far fetched, but it brought the question up in my head. Is what I heard long ago fairy tale???

Is it ACV the way it holds??? How high?

mcclary's electrical

On "faces of death" I don't remember which one but they show a live electrocution. They put tape over his eyeballs to keep them in. And you can tell that they have PRESSURE against the tape from his eyes,,,blood pushes through tape and runs out bottom,,,,,I'm gona bet without the tape,,,,they would have fallen to his chin.

TOOL_5150

On "faces of death" I don't remember which one but they show a live electrocution. They put tape over his eyeballs to keep them in. And you can tell that they have PRESSURE against the tape from his eyes,,,blood pushes through tape and runs out bottom,,,,,I'm gona bet without the tape,,,,they would have fallen to his chin.

You do realize that MOST of the stuff you see on faces of death is reinactments.

~Matt

76nemo

Okay, I see Ken. My main question to myself was why let them sit and fry, although some may prefer this, but what they don't know is the chair is painless on the brain and central nervous system. Why low current and high voltage is my question. Why a five to 8 second duration, other than getting vigilante justice????

76nemo

Without me going back to Ken's link, anyone know what the normal voltage push is through the chair???

EDIT: "Normal" wasn't the right adjective seeing as how these systems have been around for many years, but a ballpark range?????

chris kennedy

Occupation
60 yr old tool twisting electrician
I built my own chair, doesn't work very well at all.

Maverickphoneboards001.jpg

76nemo

Guess I may be be thinking wrong. I was thinking chairs were MV, low current. I was wondering, why not lower level voltage, quick push, and breakers set not for instaneous response. Pull the disconnect, and be done with it.
I know, full of DUMB questions:roll:

Status
Not open for further replies.