Lets all work for free.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

celtic

You know, maybe there is a market for pimping cheap electricians out.

Of course there is....you could be like the Mac Daddy of pimping.....you get the work and scour the CL ads for the workers....you might even get 1 or 2 that have a clue.

c2500

It's my lucky day...I am a licensed residential plumber! Hmm...now how do i present this to the little lady???:roll:

Last edited:
It was right. Some people don't grasp profit. A few bucks, food on the table, a 6 pack in the fridge, life is good.

People like that are the ones hurting the real pros out their. They cut other contractors throats. OR how about illegales. I wired a 4500 sqr ft home and the new sheet rockers were _______an. Im not trying to discrimanate but the builder bought material and 8 of them hung the entire home in 1.5 days and I saw the builder pay them 1000 dollars. I would not of believed it but I saw the whole thing happen. I hope they dont learn the basics of electricty.

ItsHot

People like that are the ones hurting the real pros out their. They cut other contractors throats. OR how about illegales. I wired a 4500 sqr ft home and the new sheet rockers were _______an. Im not trying to discrimanate but the builder bought material and 8 of them hung the entire home in 1.5 days and I saw the builder pay them 1000 dollars. I would not of believed it but I saw the whole thing happen. I hope they dont learn the basics of electricty.
They already have learned the basics! That's why romex is color cordinated!!:D

Teaspoon

Sounds like he is at least 50% more efficient.
Some of us have a lot to learn about efficency I guess.
I don't think I can learn to be that efficient.

Rewire

Wa Wa Wa hes sooooo cheap he MUST be lossing money ,Wa Wa Wa how can he do it Wa Wa WA I charge 10 ten times that Wa Wa Wa.....

May be he inherited his business from his dad ,maybe he has no overhead,maybe its a side job.Matbe he has found a way to do it more cost effective .

This is just a sign of things to come bids are getting lower as companies trim down and look for cost saving measures.The comitition for a limited amount of work will drive bids down its simply supply and demand and if you don't see that then you need a new book to guide you.

growler

Wa Wa Wa hes sooooo cheap he MUST be lossing money ,Wa Wa Wa how can he do it Wa Wa WA I charge 10 ten times that Wa Wa Wa.....

That's not really it. Apartments here in the South don't pay anything to start with so even in good times it's hard to make money on most of those jobs. The profit ( fat ) has already been trimmed off.

A good analogy is that a 250 pound man can afford to drop a few pounds and stay healthy but if a man only weighs 98 pounds to start with it's very hard for him to lose weight.

Rewire

That's not really it. Apartments here in the South don't pay anything to start with so even in good times it's hard to make money on most of those jobs. The profit ( fat ) has already been trimmed off.

A good analogy is that a 250 pound man can afford to drop a few pounds and stay healthy but if a man only weighs 98 pounds to start with it's very hard for him to lose weight.

Sometimes its not just about getting lean ,one thing I have started doing is giving every potential customer a copy of our liability insurance and our workmans comp insurance with a brief explanation of the protections they provide.This added sales pitch has produced results.Give the customer something to think about other than the bottom line.

aline

I agree.
There are many contractors operating in survival mode even during the good times.

electricguy

Well I dont know what I am doing wrong, I have a new AD on yellowpages.ca bigger and better than last years, I am charging a lot more for my work and getting signed contracts , Oh I think its the motivation I get from Aline and mahler, their great advice and how they share there ideas and even more. Thanks Guys for spending the time here.

Status
Not open for further replies.