Neutral Power saver

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was talking to a friend who told me his brother was going to work with a company that sells devices to recoup the power lost from the neutral in a residential service. I know this is a scam just like the KVAR home devices are. Does anyone know of some links I can print out that shows this for what it is??? Thanks.

brian john

If his brother is on the end of the business where he believes in free lunches. It seems to me to be a lost cause.

Those that believe in free lunches do not want to be told differently. Check out any of the forums where this subject is brought up, the proponents refuse to listen, refuse to give evidence and generally do not want to be proven wrong.

A COMPANY NAME MIGHT HELP.

LarryFine

Master Electrician Electric Contractor Richmond VA
Occupation
Electrical Contractor
Scott, welcome to the forum! :)

If you learn anything here, learn that the only way to reduce your electric bill is to use less of what the meter responds to.

tallgirl

Occupation
Controls Systems firmware engineer
Or write REALLY REALLY complicated software.

Don't ask. Electric company owes me for more than 600KWh and ain't paying.

NE (9.06 miles @5.9 Degrees from Winged Horses)
Occupation
EC - retired
Or write REALLY REALLY complicated software.

Don't ask. Electric company owes me for more than 600KWh and ain't paying.

OK, is this software your wrote for them and they aren't paying to the tune of 600KWh worth or did you sell power back to them and they aren't paying because of their complicated software?

Back to the original question, no links, but you could eliminate the neutral entirely to save money lost on the neutral. Replace it with a grounded conductor.

mivey

Back to the original question, no links, but you could eliminate the neutral entirely to save money lost on the neutral. Replace it with a grounded conductor.
Just perfectly balance the loads, tear out the neutral and sell it for scrap.

Status
Not open for further replies.