Spot the Violations / Tuesday Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

480sparky

Looked at adding another meter to this mess today.

DSC_5418.jpg

DSC_5419.jpg

Fire away!.....

RUWired

where do the other masts go. I see 3 weather heads and only 2 pipes coming down.
Are those disconnects or meter sockets?
the third one goes down the drain spout for heat tape.

It looks like the others go inside the building. the 3/4 is for the metering

Last edited:

masterinbama

It looks to me that the 2 masts on the right go into the building and the meter is CT'd. while the one on the left appears to be tapped ahead of the CT's.

No grouped disconnects for the 2 services, triplex crossing the top of the building more than likely doesn't have the proper clearance.

Last edited:

donselectric

a little more info would be nice.. 4 risers 2 cans ?
how is that emt coming out the side of the socket... looks a little funny
what size are the service conductors in the 3/4 emt ??

RUWired

would 230.29 and 24 apply

230.29 Supports over Buildings.
Service-drop conductors passing over a roof shall be securely supported by substantial structures. Where practicable, such supports shall be independent of the building.

(A) Above Roofs. Conductors shall have a vertical clearance of not less than 2.5 m (8 ft) above the roof surface. The vertical clearance above the roof level shall be maintained for a distance of not less than 900 mm (3 ft) in all directions from the edge of the roof.

480sparky

a little more info would be nice.. 4 risers 2 cans ?
how is that emt coming out the side of the socket... looks a little funny
what size are the service conductors in the 3/4 emt ??

Meter on right is on CTs at the WH. Meter on left is self-contained. ? EMT would be 12s from the CT to the meter.

PCN

I'll bet you start fresh, new riser, guyed independently, new meter enclosure and don't touch the existing. Tough part is getting around that rain gutter.

As far as violations I don't see a ground wire, and the POCO wire seems to travel over the flat roof for quite a distance without proper clearence. Set a new pole.

Last edited:

masterinbama

I'll bet you start fresh, new riser, guyed independently, new meter enclosure and don't touch the existing. Tough part is getting around that rain gutter.

As far as violations I don't see a ground wire, and the POCO wire seem to travel over the flat roof for quite a distance without proper clearence. Set a new pole.

I don't see a ground wire either. But I also don't see what would have been considered the "service" at the time this was installed.

Sierrasparky

Occupation
Electrician ,contractor
Heat cable
Resistive heat cable used for De-icing, or heating.
used in cold climates to keep gutters/ downspouts from freezing. It's used also for manufacturing plants.

Status
Not open for further replies.