Leviton Cat5e Jack should I change brands?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dsnider75

I've been using the Leviton Cat5e jack for years and recently an employee of mine said he like this other jack called the Kwik Jack? I admit the you tube video is interesting

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=79MSIIjXpO0

but do the peaks on the jacks and no split pairs on the Kwik jack compared to the Leviton jack really make that much of a difference? He also mentioned a Kwik Tool that terminates and cuts all the pairs at the same time. Does this kid have a point? Or is he blowing smoke?

Last edited by a moderator:

cruzJD

I like the Kwik better then Leviton. But we buy that type of stuff in bulk so it comes down to what we can get the better price on at the time.

buzzbar

Occupation
Electrical Contractor
The fact that all of the colored pairs are actually right next to each other makes it a no brainer to me!

Competition is always good.

wireguru

I hate, and dont use, the leviton jacks due to having to split the pairs. That said, I dont see what is so special about the Kwik jack other than its name and the special tool they have. That jack is the same generic chinese jack that is sold under many different brands -they can be had for around $1.20 ea.

hbiss

EC, Westchester, New York NEC: 2014
Occupation
EC
Nice idea but I question the quality. Does their tool work like the Jack Rapid? If not, then even with those "shortcomings" Leviton is going to be quicker.

-Hal

mhowe

We had to use those jacks on a school job for a Dallas school district that specified them and I was surprised. The quality was nice and we terminated about 440 of them with that kwik tool. After the job was finished I have to say we still use those kwik jacks, its easier to use. We also tested all the jacks with our fluke tester and everything passed! Thank God. Nothing worst then working with new product that your not confident in. The tool has 1 cutting head and includes an additional at no charge. Manufacture said every cutting head is good for 1000 terminations and they also offer that 25 year warranty that makes the end user feel better but we all know it means nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.