Qualified

Status
Not open for further replies.

mickeyrench

Are qualified persons and electricians on the same level in the work place when it comes to electrical work?
Does anyone think licensed electrical contractors need to be 70e trained with the education they required to take now?

chris kennedy

Occupation
60 yr old tool twisting electrician
Are qualified persons and electricians on the same level in the work place when it comes to electrical work?

An electrician would be considered 'Qualified' if he has been trained as per 70E 110.6(D)(1).

Does anyone think licensed electrical contractors need to be 70e trained with the education they required to take now?

Continuing education and 70E training are two very different animals IMO.

mcclary's electrical

I've done work in many plants that required me to go through the same orientation and training as the hourly employees. I guess it depends on the plant you're contracting to.

Qualification is on many different levels, and is as of now, determined by the employer.

One may be qualified for installations in dwellings inside wiring, but not qualified to work on large services, or generators, or transformers, or UPS systems, etc...

Training in the field and/or class has a lot to do with how an employer should determine what his employee(s) are qualified for.

70E is additional training, in the safety end of the spectrum. More and more employers and places of work are requiring this type of training each year.

Also qualification for non-electricians is usually on a different level.

puckman

qualified

qualified

Why would licensed electricians have to get deemed qualified if it is legal for them to do electrical work in bussiness but in a company they have to have nfpa 70e? And it doesn't matter if they are in bussiness or just licensed and working in a company maint. dept.

zog

Why would licensed electricians have to get deemed qualified if it is legal for them to do electrical work in bussiness but in a company they have to have nfpa 70e? And it doesn't matter if they are in bussiness or just licensed and working in a company maint. dept.

Being "Qualified" per the NFPA 70E has nothing to do with being an electrician, no matter where they work, an electrician needs to be trained oer the 70E training requirements to be deemed "Qualified".

On the other hand a person can be "Qualified" per the 70E and not licenced to do electrical work.

Have you read the 70E yet? because I think it is pretty clear on this.

Being "Qualified" per the NFPA 70E has nothing to do with being an electrician, no matter where they work, an electrician needs to be trained oer the 70E training requirements to be deemed "Qualified".

On the other hand a person can be "Qualified" per the 70E and not licenced to do electrical work.

+1 to that statement.

Status
Not open for further replies.