Is this legal?

Learn the NEC with Mike Holt now!

Is this legal?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

mcclary's electrical

Customer has 7 fans to be installed. All boxes are 4" round with 8/32's. Would it be legal to screw the fan bracket with the #10 lags that came with the fan, DIRECTLY to the SAME joist that the light box is nailed on? All terminations would made be in the box. The fan is supported independently of the box. Yet there is no fan rated box present.

electricmanscott

Customer has 7 fans to be installed. All boxes are 4" round with 8/32's. Would it be legal to screw the fan bracket with the #10 lags that came with the fan, DIRECTLY to the SAME joist that the light box is nailed on? All terminations would made be in the box. The fan is supported independently of the box. Yet there is no fan rated box present.

You answered your own question.

augie47

Staff member
Occupation
State Electrical Inspector (Retired)
humm learned something... amazing what you can do on the computer if you know how..

Sierrasparky

Occupation
Electrician ,contractor
Anyone know at one point you need to install a Lanyard. I had some that come with them once. I know that certain HID need them?
Just a thought

By the by I agree with you all yes you can use the lags as long as the lags hold the fan not the 8-32

buldogg

Anyone know at one point you need to install a Lanyard. I had some that come with them once. I know that certain HID need them?
Just a thought

By the by I agree with you all yes you can use the lags as long as the lags hold the fan not the 8-32

If the manufacturer instructs a lanyard to be used

Status
Not open for further replies.