jdjohnson

Dr/Sr

Could you please helpme

I need to design fluidized bed for apply epoxy insulation on electrical busbars

Could you please recommend technical documents, books

thank you very much

Juan David

ultramegabob

a fluid bed of epoxy? that just sounds like a bad idea. I have done some work in a factory that dipped carriers that had to be insulated for an electrostatic powdercoat process, they insulated them with a product that appeared to be liquid latex.

a fluid bed of epoxy? that just sounds like a bad idea. I have done some work in a factory that dipped carriers that had to be insulated for an electrostatic powdercoat process, they insulated them with a product that appeared to be liquid latex.

Fluidized bed coating refers to dry powder that is kept in a 'fluidized' state by injecting air from underneath. The parts are either electrostatically charged or pre-heated to accomplish adherence of the powder coating particles.

I the case of buses, this is the most common method of insulating them.

ultramegabob

Fluidized bed coating refers to dry powder that is kept in a 'fluidized' state by injecting air from underneath. The parts are either electrostatically charged or pre-heated to accomplish adherence of the powder coating particles.

That makes better sense than what I was imagining, I was picturing a big tub full of epoxy resin that would turn into a solid glob.:D

jdjohnson

Electrical busbar coating

Electrical busbar coating

Eaton and siemens used this method for coating electrical busbars (busway)
them is better compared to pvc and mylar insulation

what is you opinion?

SG-1

Eaton and siemens used this method for coating electrical busbars (busway)
them is better compared to pvc and mylar insulation

what is you opinion?

In my world:
The PVC & mylar are used for low voltage busway. The bar is coated with the PVC like material and a mylar strip is layed between each phase.

The fluidized bars are used for medium voltage where a sizeable air gap must also be maintained between phases. If it is fluidized too close to the end you will need a grinder to remove it. Tough stuff.

What voltage are you insulating for ?

jdjohnson

insulating busbars

insulating busbars

Thanks SG-1

The voltage is 220-400 V
the system is air insulated busbars
1 bar per phase (3 phases)
distence between phases 40 mm
copper bars (optional Aluminum bars)

We are developing a new design with Low voltage sandwich (low reactance) busbar systems (busways). For it We want to used a safe insulating because the phases have not gap (bars separated only by the insulation)

kimpelri

Coating company

Coating company

There are custom coating companies that do this sort of thing. I happen to work for a powder coating company that specializes in pipeline equipment, and we have quoted bus bar coatings in the past. You're best bet is to look up decorative coatings (like metal furniture) and start there.
There are several ways to DIY, but I don't recommend it. It is easy to screw up. You might over/under cure powder, leave holidays (pinholes) in the coating, put on too much/little coating, etc. Pinholes would be the worst, since you may not notice it until it causes equipment damage.

polyrethane foam for insulation

polyrethane foam for insulation

I have applied polyurea coatings for different purposes I say for automotive,residential and industrial purposes only polyurea spray/coatings.Polyurea spray industrial product formulations offer solutions for abrasion resistance, water proof coatings, blast resistance, hazardous materials containment energy, ballistic armor, chemical resistance, floor coatings, energy efficient insulation, structural reinforcement, corrosion resistance, fire retardant and thermal barrier coatings.

Status
Not open for further replies.