S.I.P. house

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Guys, My school is wiring a sip house, This total green house is gonna be loaded,with P.V. wind and other renewables. As an insrtuctor how hard are these homes to do your basic wiring.I have never seen one and from what I hear they could rise a challage. The big Question is do you wire like a log home or do you trust that the holes all line up.

Thanks guys

st1976

SIP Construction

SIP Construction

I did an alarm system in one of these houses and finished up some minor work after the EC went belly up. I'm interested to hear from anyone else who has done one of these. There were no chases or predrilled holes in the one I did. Maybe things are better now. The alarm job took twice the time I would normally take. Drill, fish, drill, fish, re-insulate.

ActionDave

Chief Moderator
Staff member
Durango, CO, 10 h 20 min from the winged horses.
Occupation
Licensed Electrician
I worked one some years ago. Not much trouble at all. The panels were different than the link posted, our's had chases every sixteen inches. There was some extra wire used because we chose to make vertical drops into each box.

Hog out a chunk of OSB and foam with a two inch hole saw, square up the corners with a sawzall, feed your romex down the chase, stuff in a Carlon adjustable box, screw it to the OSB, move on.

Wow, could it realy have been that easy?..... I think it was.

K8MHZ

Michigan. It's a beautiful peninsula, I've looked
Occupation
Electrician
Using a double layer plasterboard, fix the first layer to the SIP wall or roof panels leaving a suitable void between the sheets of plasterboard where the wiring is to be situated.

Having installed the wiring you then mechanically fix the second layer of plasterboard over the first layer.

So the wiring is only the depth of one sheet of drywall below the surface?

I don't like that one bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.