Maximum distance of conduits between christy boxes in residential landscape?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jango

We have a large piece of property (approx. 5 acres) where we will be running many PVC conduits in trenches for power, phone, TV, security, etc. and is there a maximum distance allowance of a continous run of PVC pipe where we need to install pull points (christy boxes). I know we cannot exceed 360 degrees of total bends but if we are within that, is there a requirement of maximum distance before we need to plan on installing pull points (christy boxes)?

DARUSA

No requirements for pull boxe in the code unless you have more than 360* of bends.But usually FISH TAPE SNAKE have 100 or 150 feets long,.You have to planing how you will snake the wire.

raider1

Staff member
There is no NEC maximum distance before a pull box is required in an underground run.

This is typically an installation issue, how long is your fish tape or rope?

Chris

DARUSA

356.26 Bends

356.26 Bends

356.26 Bends ? Number in One Run.

There shall not be more than the equivalent of four quarter bends (360 degrees total) between pull points, for example, conduit bodies and boxes. In your case hand-hole enclosure.

Power Tech

We have a large piece of property (approx. 5 acres) where we will be running many PVC conduits in trenches for power, phone, TV, security, etc. and is there a maximum distance allowance of a continous run of PVC pipe where we need to install pull points (christy boxes). I know we cannot exceed 360 degrees of total bends but if we are within that, is there a requirement of maximum distance before we need to plan on installing pull points (christy boxes)?

I do not go over a 1,000'. That is on tank / well controls. Over size your conduit and suck a pull string in with a shopvac.

Status
Not open for further replies.