Service entrance equipment

Status
Not open for further replies.

paulholt

I had an inspector fail a recent project due the fact that the Cutler Hammer 200 Service entrance rated ATS had the phrase" suitable for use as Service entrance equipment" and not Suitable for use as Service euipment.

I understand the difference between Service entrance and service equipment but I think this switch is rated for both. His position was that it would have been acceptable if the would entrance was omitted from the label.

Anybody had this problem or comments.

Thanks

skeshesh

My thoughts

My thoughts

As far as I remember, "service entrance" in the NEC is usually used when talking about the conductors. The equipment which is used in between the service entrance conductors and load side is referred to as "service equipment". I understand that "service equipment" is the correct way of referring to the rating of the equipment you're looking for, but I don't think there's another distinct class called "service entrance equipment"... but then again I could be wrong. You should wait to see what some of the more experienced guys think.

paulholt

service entrance

service entrance

Yeah, I read art 230.66 says the same thing but I understand that the phase, suitable for service entrance equipment means that it is rated for both. Service equipment and service entrance?

Status
Not open for further replies.