Im looking for a drafting tool....

Status
Not open for further replies.

ultramegabob

Im not sure what the proper name for it is, you hold it like a pen and it has a roller on it, you can set it to the scale on a set of prints and use it for measuring things like conduit runs.... If I search for a digital scale, I am sure I will find a bunch of postage scales. what brand name should I look for?

ultramegabob

Thank you for your replies, those are exactly what I am looking for. Now my question on how they function, can you take a small print, and blow it up to an undetermined size and use one of these? can it set its own scale? what I am pictureing is if the building 150' long, just roll it along the length of the building on the drawing and then enter a distance of 150' and then it can tell you the length of anything on the print that you roll along. I hope that makes sense....

edit- It looks like this one can do what I want, unless I am misunderstanding its description... http://www.tigersupplies.com/Products/Scalex-PlanWheel-XLU-2__SC00552.aspx

Last edited:

charlie k.

Bob, you can get a Scalemaster at Home Depot. The model they sell does not have the computer interface. It sells for about 70 bucks. You can set a custom scales (3). Read the pamphlet that comes with it.

Charlie

peter

You seem to have brazenly received the awesome answer you were striving for but just for completeness, the technical word for the device is opisoptometer. Or maybe opisometer.
~Peter

Status
Not open for further replies.