Can this not be the power company

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jerseydaze

Little old lady home puts on toaster oven,dryer,refrig kicks on and lights get brighter and voltage on one leg jumps to aprox 155 volts her tv looses signal this last 10-20 secondss then back to 122 v.I call JCPL " I cant wait around can your crew knock on the door so she can do the toaster thing"Responce "we dont knock on doors"How the hell is she going to know when you are here "Youll here the trucks outside "
BTW I checked for problems in the panel and meter and head

mivey

I guess their plan is to "check" it then have you come back out to see if they really did anything.

What a bunch of knuckle-heads.

mcclary's electrical

Little old lady home puts on toaster oven,dryer,refrig kicks on and lights get brighter and voltage on one leg jumps to aprox 155 volts her tv looses signal this last 10-20 secondss then back to 122 v.I call JCPL " I cant wait around can your crew knock on the door so she can do the toaster thing"Responce "we dont knock on doors"How the hell is she going to know when you are here "Youll here the trucks outside "
BTW I checked for problems in the panel and meter and head

Unhook all electronics until she gets this fixed. Don't try it with the tv plugged in for a demonstration. She's gonna burn her tv up, demonstrating the problem.

Jerseydaze

I assume if he called the poco, he pulled the meter and disconneted at the weather head, collected his service fee, and left.

Gee Thanks

As I stated its been that way for 2 years I called the PoCO no I did not leave her disconnected

Status
Not open for further replies.