Why do i need a licence in one city and no others

Status
Not open for further replies.

charlie b

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Engineer
Every jurisdiction has its own licensing requirements. What exactly are are trying to ask?

growler

Actually there are plenty of cities that will want you to have a license just keep looking and you will find them.

The truth is I think every major city in America has some form of license requirement.

tom baker

First Chief Moderator
Staff member
In Washington electrical certification is state wide and no other certification (or license) is required.
Your question should be directed to those cities who do licensing.

mcclary's electrical

What type of license are you talking about? A master electrician license is statewide. But many counties make you buy a local business license to pull permits. Most counties around here just make you have a contractors license, master license, and a local business license. Caroline County is one example that will not accept other counties business license. County of albemarle will not accept a tradesman card, only contractor's license with designation. So you always have to be prepared when pulling permits. Permitting process can be a pain in the butt in the City of Richmond also.

Power Tech

Most major cities have this. Beverly hills and El Sugendo make you put a sticker in the window of your truck. If they catch you working in their town without the sticker, even if you have one, you get a fine.

It's probably in the charter when they incorporate.

Or.

A plot by the man to keep us down, and stop us from moving around.:D

Status
Not open for further replies.