festoon / temp : up a tree

Status
Not open for further replies.

wyreman

Occupation
electrical contractor
Hey hello,
We have a lot of earth moving going on and they have interuppted a streetlight here. I piped in some new exterior lighting on the side of the building but there are trees there and part of the path is still dark. The streetlight is needed. So they plan to tie these back in but in the meantime I have to provide something.

I looked at Grainger website and didn't really find any good exterior, festoon type lighting - for the tree.

I could liquidtite to a fixture box and then put in an enclosed jar but do you guys have any better/easier ways to get some temp lighting in this tree for about a month

thanx
paul

chris kennedy

Occupation
60 yr old tool twisting electrician
So they plan to tie these back in but in the meantime I have to provide something

I don't see a problem here. Call the building dept and get an OK.

590.2 All Wiring Installations.

(B) Approval. Temporary wiring methods shall be acceptable only if approved based on the conditions of use and any special requirements of the temporary installation.

wyreman

Occupation
electrical contractor
...Liquidtite to a fixture box and then put in an enclosed jar but do you guys have any better/easier ways to get some temp lighting in this tree for about a month?

I guess this is a materials and methods question.
Any better material or method for this temp on the tree than Lqtite & jelly jar?
Listed weathertite construction lights?
Needs to be fairly bright.

thanks

wyreman

Occupation
electrical contractor
ahj

ahj

Actually here is a good point, this is a State run College.
There is no outside AHJ.

For the new earth work and new buildings everything goes thru the State Architect and there are Inspectors. They have missed things.
I have pointed them out when the work is shown to me. That is all fine.
I have been here 10 years.
The AHJ for the work here in the College District is the Director of Operations.

Status
Not open for further replies.