PLC video

Status
Not open for further replies.

KP2

I found on line a spoof video about how PLC's work. The video looked like it was from a factory rep. it showed a man in a suit in front of a control cabinet and he spoke of components and processes that were all fake and he did it with a stright face. If you didn't know anything about PLC's the video would seem real.
Does anybody know were I can find the link?????
Thanks
Kevin

TxEngr

An Audition

An Audition

My understanding is that this is an audition that was recorded. The script is nonsense but since the actor doing the performance wasn't a techie - it didn't matter. Apparently he passed the audition and did the real videos later.

It's a great video that I like to use as entertainment after breaks during training classes.

b.p.

TxEngr

It turns out the Rockwell Retro Encabulator is a remake of a video done by Chrysler in the '80s when it was called the Turboencabulator. The video is on YouTube. The orgins seem to be back to the '40s and GE even published a description of the Turboencabulator in a 1962 instrument catalog. The guy in the Rockwell video is an actor who was also in the Chrysler version (much younger). More info at Wikipedia at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turboencabulator

steve66

Occupation
Engineer
It turns out the Rockwell Retro Encabulator is a remake of a video done by Chrysler in the '80s when it was called the Turboencabulator. The video is on YouTube. The orgins seem to be back to the '40s and GE even published a description of the Turboencabulator in a 1962 instrument catalog. The guy in the Rockwell video is an actor who was also in the Chrysler version (much younger). More info at Wikipedia at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turboencabulator

I think you can find several versions of this on you-tube. Many have the same actor, some have others, but the script is always similar.

Status
Not open for further replies.