Not open for further replies.

drbond24

borg.jpg

Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated!​

George Stolz

Staff member
Occupation
Service Manager
If it makes anyone feel better, as of yesterday I'm going to need to get a P.E.'s stamp on a 1/? 240V 200A service upgrade I did last month - so rest easy guys, your jobs are secure. :roll:

techntrek

Tech, there's an active community out there that gets their kicks by contriving obscure inaccuracies to implant into Wiki, just as a joke.

Yes, known and noted... but that isn't the issue here. He doubted a law like 230 existed, I proved it does and works effectively, he still dismissed it because... its on wiki.

Hmm.

drbond24

Yes, known and noted... but that isn't the issue here. He doubted a law like 230 existed, I proved it does and works effectively, he still dismissed it because... its on wiki.

He just doesn't want to catch it's cooties. ;)

Mayimbe said:
This thread have taken a life on his own.

It ain't gonna last much longer. Get the sillyness posted while you still can!

I chose engineering because I always liked math. I don't remember why I chose electrical. It's just as well because I can't handle dynamics or chemistry which rules out mechanical and chemical, respectively, and I'm way too smart to be a civil engineer. Ha!

Last edited:

Mayimbe

It ain't gonna last much longer. Get the sillyness posted while you still can!

:grin: Ok. I need to say that I dont like SpongeBob, nothing personal ;)

I chose engineering because I always liked math. I don't remember why I chose electrical. It's just as well because I can't handle dynamics or chemistry which rules out mechanical and chemical, respectively, and I'm way too smart to be a civil engineer. Ha!

I think that 80 % of the EE thinks this way. In my university there is a long time rivalry with the Chemical Engineers. With mechanical engineers we do get along very good. But the CE are just inevitable, the deal with lows ammount of energy (we dont), they use newton rampson on the simpliest way (we dont), they dont need to imagine large complex systems (we do), they got the beautiful girls of the university (we dont) :mad: They represent everything that we dont. I really miss those guys, they were the font of everybodys jokes in my faculty.

drbond24

:grin: Ok. I need to say that I dont like SpongeBob, nothing personal ;)

You have my sympathy. You're missing out on the nautical nonsense.

Mayimbe said:
...they got the beautiful girls of the university...

Hold on a second....there were girls at your engineering school? The only girl at my school was the department head's secretary.

Seriously though, the guy to girl ratio at my college was 10 to 1. Good thing I already had one from high school. :) Married her, too.

Mayimbe

Hold on a second....there were girls at your engineering school? The only girl at my school was the department head's secretary.

Seriously though, the guy to girl ratio at my college was 10 to 1.

Thats sad. I have to say. Not for you, but your mates at college, unless they all had a girl from high school.

In the Chemical faculty it was a girl to guy ratio of 10 to 1. I think the mayority (not all) of us (EE's stundents) had an affair with some of those girls in chemical faculty. The facultys where next to each other. So you can get the picture...

I believe we dont have high school over here, like you guys have over there, from what I have seen in movies.

charlie b

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Engineer
He doubted a law like 230 existed, I proved it does and works effectively, he still dismissed it because... its on wiki.
The number "230" doesn't mean anything to me, and I do doubt that there is a law that protects a person against a lawsuit in the manner you described. You may be right, but it resides in the purview of lawyers, not engineers, to resolve legal disputes.

But as for "dismissing the law," all I did was decline your invitation to use wiki as a means of learning anything about it.

Mayimbe

Yeah, a lot of people went for that reason and for alcohol. I already had a girl and I've never drank, so I just got a degree instead. :cool:

I manage to get both. But one of them (the degree) will give me food and money for the rest of my life. Alcohol wont, unfortunely. Some people miss that simple point.

Status
Not open for further replies.