Getting cold outside

Status
Not open for further replies.

hurk27

You guys can keep your red wings and all, I have 3 pairs of military Moon boots/ Micky Mouse boots, the kind you put air in the side for insulation, I have never had to wear more then one pair of socks, and even at -20?f I have never had cold feet since.

Look around for an army surplus store or a place that sells military surplus equipment, the going price should be around $99.00

NE (9.06 miles @5.9 Degrees from Winged Horses)
Occupation
EC - retired
I use pacs if it is really cold. Wool socks, with a liner otherwise. One of my competitors says after the second time he suffered frost bitten toes, he bought some electric socks. Don't know details but he says they work.

When it is super cold we have a heated shop that always needs cleaned or inventoried.

macmikeman

90- 95 deg- Horrible hot summer weather totals about 30 days of it.
80-85 deg- normal
70-80 deg- winter conditions. local populace all wearing coats. Everybody is freezing and about to die from this extreme temperature drop. Shoes instead of slippers that day...:D

laketime

I am in N. Idaho and it averages about 30 all winter during the day. Of course it went from 80 to a low of 20 is two weeks. Not planning on being outside all winter working but the way work is right now I will take what I can get.

__dan

Banned
Rocky boots

Rocky boots

Rocky boots, insulated with integrated Goretex sock. I swear by them. Buy two pair and rotate them daily so one pair is always drying out. I usually have to get $150 boots when they are under $100 on sale.

Forget about cotton thermal underwear, they trap sweat and then you freeze. Get lots of polypropelene or Thermax type thermal underwear that wicks sweat away and keeps the skin dry, baselayer.

Second the mention for Carhartt's insulated gear. I live in them in the winter. I have the one piece insulated "Extremes" coveralls and the canvas insulated bibs which are great with a fleece top for most weather. Fleece bacalava for head and neck protection with a second hat on top of that.

Have not had wet feet or been cold outside in the winter since the 90's

Status
Not open for further replies.