PLC Training

Status
Not open for further replies.

ScottN

Does anyone know of a good PLC training class for the Industrial Electrical Tech level? I am in Maryland. Was hopeing to find a 3 to 5 day class that I could drive to. I would drive 5 hours or so to get to the class.

petersonra

Occupation
engineer
Personally, I think your best bet is to take a class from a local community college. Its done at a better pace IMO.

The one week classes are too intense to get a whole lot out of for entry level people. They are pretty good for getting someone up to speed on a new brand of PLC if you already know another brand.

The problem is that you go take the class than don't use it and by the time you need it you have forgotten most of it.

zog

Personally, I think your best bet is to take a class from a local community college.

I second this recommendation, you don't see many good PLC courses offered because the local CC's usually offer them and a training company can't compete with the costs.

Strahan

Does anyone know of a good PLC training class for the Industrial Electrical Tech level? I am in Maryland. Was hopeing to find a 3 to 5 day class that I could drive to. I would drive 5 hours or so to get to the class.

From reading your post and profile I take it that you are currently working in an industrial setting. From this I would ask what type of controls (PLC's) does your industry mainly deal with? This to me would dictate your training. I'm also an industrial control tech working in a plant that deals with allen bradley (rockwell automation); so I attend the offsite training venues held by rockwell; which I feel are wonderful. From this I will also state that it seems almost impossible sometimes to keep up with the constant changes and new software and hardware packages Rockwell is developing so I'm not really interested in another manufacturer. PLC logic is logic but the software and hardware features between manufacturers differs imensly.

Status
Not open for further replies.